How to Start a Festival on Your Land
If you want to diversify your land in an exciting new way, then perhaps a festival is the way forward! Find out more about how to start a festival on your land, right here!
The festivals sector is worth around £1.1 billion within the UK alone! With a 12 percent rise in musical festival goers this year, it’s clear that popularity is one the rise! With this popularity, perhaps there needs to be more festivals to meet the growing demand?
With farmers and landowners struggling to make profits from their agricultural land, changes must be made. There are thousands of potential diversification opportunities your land offers, festivals being one of the many.
Your FREE ticket to the Farm Business Innovation Show will provide you with all the tools you need to turn a diversification idea into a reality. Find out more about why festivals could be a great way to boost income to your land, and more, at the show. Otherwise, read on for more insight into the benefits of festivals.
First of all, before anything else gets decided, you need to plan which type of festival to set up. There are a huge array of ideas out there, from beer festivals to street food festivals, film festivals to renaissance festivals... the list goes on.
One of the most popular types out there are musical festivals, which come in an array of genres, like 80s, rock, top charts, or the like. What’s really great about these is that they also encompass some of the other types of festivals out there, including food and drink.
The great thing about this is that you can really choose whatever you want, as people will often travel across the UK for a great festival. At the end of the day, whatever you decide, you must have a clear goal in mind!
The Benefits of Diversifying Into Festivals
There are so many benefits to branching out into festivals on your land. The first being that it can simply be an annual event, which occurs over one week of each year. Even just one festival can rake in a lot of profit, and could even set you up for a whole year!
Then, for the rest of the year, your land can be used for whatever else you want, whether it be glamping, go karting, equestrian events… the list is endless!
Otherwise, some more great benefits include:
- Attracting visitors locally, thus boosting the local economy.
- Improving the community spirit.
- Providing free marketing and exposure for local businesses.
- Make use of your potentially redundant land.
- Can rake in a lot of profit in just one go.
- Can put your town, city, or even village, on the map as a tourist destination.
- Can expose you, and you community, to new and exciting cultures, foods, music, and more!
The Organisational Elements of the Show
The Farm Business Innovation Show is joined by three other relevant shows - the Family Attraction Expo, the Holiday Park & Resort Innovation Show, and the Leisure F&B Expo - which your free ticket gives you complete access to. When diversifying into festivals, there will be a lot to consider, but each of our shows will provide everything you’ll need:
- The Farm Business Innovation Show: advice on finance and planning, including planning permission, and construction.
- The Family Attraction Expo: entertainment, like arcade games and VR, as well as outdoor activities and fairground rides.
- The Holiday Park & Resort Innovation Show: online booking and management systems, as well as some other entertainment, like hot tubs and golf.
- The Leisure F&B Expo: every option for food and drink stands you could ever imagine!
Want to Discover More About How to Start a Festival on Your Land?
The Farm Business Innovation Show puts land diversification at the heart of everything they do. Our rural shows, collectively, will be showcasing 1,000 exhibitors to provide everything, from planning, to financing, to the fun bits, like organising food and drink, and on-site entertainment.
Your FREE ticket to the show will provide you with access to all of this. So, when it comes to the question of, for example, planning your music festival budget breakdown, you’ll be able to make all the relevant connections you’ll need to succeed!
If you’re looking for new ways to diversify your land, then join us, on 6th & 7th November at the NEC, Birmingham. We can’t wait to meet you!